Rollyo - reference


Salsa

Salsa

Search This Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

Week 8

This week has been pretty useful. I chose to explore Zoho writer as I am less familiar with it than Google docs. Both I think I will use more in the future for anything that doesn't need to be super-secure or kept confidential. I need to work more with both applications to decide which I prefer, but I can already see a few uses within libraries, sharing and collaborating on presentations (and presenting them remotely at conferences) for example, especially those which are created between people from different organisations who can't share a network. I practised starting this presentation and have also embedded it into my blog at the foot of the page. I like the fact that the interface on both Zoho and Google docs is similar to the MS set up, and you can export in different formats, even pdf.

The last application that I investigated won the 3 place award for map applications: CommunityWalk.com. I've recently been asked to develop a map of the central library site & its facilities that we could provide to visitors, and I hope to use this site to develop it.

All in all a pretty fun week - I didn't realise just how many web 2.0 applications were available. Oops - forgot to say that I posted this blog from Zoho Writer...and it was pretty easy to figure out...I'm liking Zoho.


1 comment:

  1. Hey that is a cool way to put together a presentation online...great work

    ReplyDelete